Sarah has met Darren Criss

Today, Sarah tells us how she met Darren Criss, the Glee actor.

"Hello!

On December 9th, 2012, I met Darren Criss for the first time.

For those of you who don’t know, he is a singer/songwriter/musician and an actor, probably best known right now for his role on Glee as Blaine Anderson.

On December 9th, he was in New York City to play a free outdoor acoustic holiday concert to promote Toys for Tots. After the show, Darren walked across the street and into a hotel presumably to gather his things and do an interview before heading to the airport to fly back to L.A. My friend and I, as well as about ten others, waited outside on the sidewalk to wave to him as he headed out. We’d hoped he’d stop to take photos with us but we figured he was in a hurry to catch his plane so we thought he would probably just wave and say hello as he got in his car. We would have been fine with that.

But as it turned out, he DID end up stopping to take photos with all of us, after another fan asked him politely if he could. I can honestly say that Darren is one of the nicest, most humble people I’ve met. He really did not have to stop to take photos with us, but he did, and for that I’m incredibly grateful. He did ask that we take the photos quickly (he had a car waiting for him right outside the hotel) but he also made sure that everyone had gotten a photo with him before he left.

Darren Criss and me


I also got the chance to have a quick one-on-one conversation with him, and a friend did too, so that was cool. He didn’t seem like a celebrity at all; it was like hanging out with a friend. He was really, really sweet to everyone. I’m honestly a bigger fan now that I’ve met him. It was a great experience and I really hope I get to meet him again in the future!!"

Thanks a lot Sarah



                                More Glee's encounters                                                More celebrities' encounters

No comments:

Post a Comment